Creamy and nutritious Jalapeño Cashew Cheese- the perfect substitute for cheese in vegan recipes. You’ll love it!
When you’re eating a plant-based diet, one of the most common ingredients for making cheese is by using creamy raw cashews!
There’s just something about the texture of this wonderful nut that provides a great base for a myriad of cheesy dairy-free recipes. This Jalapeño Cashew Cheese is no exception.
Besides being delightful creamy, this recipe also adds the spicy (but not overpowering) flavor of jalapeños.
How to make this Jalapeño Cashew Cheese:
To make this cheese, it’s very easy!
Just add all ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender. Then starting on low speed, start to process. Build up to high speed until smooth.
Note: It’s recommended to soak the cashews in water overnight for this recipe. However, if you are using a super high powered blender (like a Vitamix), this step may not be necessary. If not soaking the cashews, start by adding the cashews and nutritional yeast to a dry blender. Process on high until it’s blended into a fine powder. Add all remaining ingredients and blend.
This recipe makes a total of 1 cup cheese (16 tablespoons). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Ways to Use this Recipe:
- Enjoy with this Mexican Black Bean Bulgar Bowl
- Use with this Homemade Soy Chorizo (roll up in a taco and top with the cashew cheese).
- Add a scoop on top of Black Beans and Rice.
If you try this Jalapeño Cashew Cheese, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. We love to see our recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Jalapeño Cashew Cheese (Vegan, Gluten Free)Pin Rate
- Food Processor
- 1 cup cashews – soaked overnight in water & drained*
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk – shake can first
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño pepper – seeds removed and chopped very fine (use gloves if you can and don’t touch your eyes- ouch!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Process, starting on low speed, and increasing speed slowly until smooth.
- Makes a total of 1 cup cashew cheese (16 tablespoons).
- *It’s recommended to soak the cashews in water overnight for this recipe. However, if you are using a super high powered blender (like a Vitamix), this step may not be necessary. If not soaking the cashews, start by adding the cashews and nutritional yeast to a dry blender. Process on high until it’s blended into a fine powder. Add all remaining ingredients and blend.
- Nutrition based per serving of 2 tablespoons.