This quick and healthy Arugula Pesto is so easy to make in your food processor, full of fresh ingredients, and completely addictive!! You only need 8 basic ingredients and just 20 minutes to make. No cooking required.
In this Arugula Pesto, you’ll find complimentary flavors of lemon, creamy cashews, peppery arugula, sweet basil, creating a truly delicious combination.
It’s the perfect healthy, vegan dip, spread or snack that that can be used in many different dishes, or alongside some crackers while entertaining. So many options!
How to make this Arugula Pesto:
First, add the cashews, pine nuts and nutritional yeast to a food processor.
Next add the arugula, basil, olive oil, water, garlic powder and sea salt.
Blend until combined, scraping down the sides and re-blending as necessary.
That’s it! Use as a spread for sandwiches, or on french bread (my favorite).
I’ve also eaten this on Roasted Spaghetti Squash = perfection.
If you try this Arugula Pesto, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. We love to see our recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Arugula Pesto (Vegan, Gluten Free)Pin Rate
- Food Processor
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cups packed fresh arugula
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- Add the cashews, pine nuts and nutritional yeast to a food processor. Blend until the nuts are broken into very small pieces, as small as you can get them. You may need to stop blending every 15 seconds or so, to scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir.
- Then add the arugula, basil, olive oil, water, garlic powder and sea salt. Blend until combined, scraping down the sides and re-blending as necessary.
- Use as a spread for sandwiches, or on crusty french bread. This also goes great on Roasted Spaghetti Squash.