This crunchy Sweet Superfood Salad with Poppyseed Dressing is SUPER healthy and packed with important nutrients.
How to make this Sweet Superfood Salad:
To begin, start chopping those veggies! I like to use about 15-20 brussel sprouts. It’s strange how good raw brussel sprouts taste when chopped very thin. If you don’t like brussel sprouts, give it a shot. They add an awesome flavor to this salad. Just make sure you remove the stems and any extra leafy parts that want to fall off on their own.
Then cut each sprout in half and slice very thin.
Place the brussel sprouts into a large bowl. Then, chop up the red cabbage and the green kale, making sure to remove any stems or white parts. Chop up the sweet cherries and add everything to the bowl.
Lastly, add the roasted pepitas. You can find them prepackaged at your local market. I’ve used salted and unsalted and both taste great.
Don’t you just love all the pretty colors?
Mix all the ingredients and arrange on salad plates. In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients together with a whisk. Drizzle on salad.
This salad is SO fresh, packed full of nutrients, and the perfect side dish (or even as a main meal). I also love to double the recipe and bring it to parties, or pack it up for a quick work lunch. Yum yum!
If you try this Sweet Superfood Salad with Poppyseed Dressing, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. We love to see our recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Sweet Superfood Salad with Poppyseed DressingPin Rate
- 15-20 small brussel sprouts – stems removed, trimmed and chopped thin
- 1/2 small head red cabbage – chopped (white parts removed)
- 1 bunch green kale – chopped (stems removed)
- 1 cup dried sweet cherries – chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted pepitas – small pumpkin seeds[br]
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Vegenaise – non dairy mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine brussel sprouts, red cabbage, kale, sweet cherries, and pepitas.
- To make dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a small whisk until blended. Drizzle on salad and serve.