Happy Meatless Monday! These Asian Roasted Chickpeas are a quick healthy snack to eat on-the-go, or just to keep around the house for those salty cravings.
Roasted chickpeas are one of the easiest, healthiest snacks out there. You can make them sweet or savory, spicy or zesty, or like this recipe, with an amazing Asian flair. All you need is a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and some spices.
I just love how easy this snack is. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas, and pat dry with a couple sheets of paper towel.
In a medium bowl, add sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic powder, and sea salt. Add the chickpeas and stir to coat.
Next place the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring midway through, until brown and crispy. Oven times will vary; just be careful not to burn. Note: I cooked mine for about 30 minutes and they were a little crispy. The next time I make them, I’ll opt for 35 minutes so they are even crispier.
Confession: I had to stop myself from eating these before the photo shoot was done! =) Yum!
Crispy Asian Roasted Chickpeas (Vegan)Pin Rate
- 15- ounce can chickpeas - garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chickpeas with water and pat dry with a couple of paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, add sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic powder, and sea salt. Add chickpeas and stir to coat.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring midway through, until brown and crispy (being careful not to burn). Let cool and enjoy!