Get your day started with a Mango-Cucumber Lime Smoothie- SO fresh and healthy- and with just the right amount of cayenne pepper to add a little KICK!
This rockin’ lime smoothie is made with fresh mango, cucumber, lime, and mint- and my favorite part-cayenne pepper. I know it might sound like a strange combination, but somehow it works!
If you are sensitive to spicy food, I would recommend starting with a little cayenne and add more as you go. As they say, you can always add more, but you can’t take it out if you add too much.
My personal preference is 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne, but for this recipe I kept it at 1/8 teaspoon to start. Feel free to spice it up, if you desire.
How to make this Lime Smoothie:
I love that this smoothie is so easy to make. Just throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend to perfection. This recipe is for one serving so there’s no need to feel the pressure to share! 😉
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. I just love to see my recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Mango-Cucumber Lime Smoothie (with a kick!)Pin Rate
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango pieces - peeled and sliced, if using fresh
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 small cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper - or add a little more after tasting to make it spicier
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy! Serves 1.