Amazing and decadent vegan Chocolate Chip Mocha Mousse without the dairy and cream! So rich and creamy, and SO ridiculously easy with just 6 ingredients!
This dessert will really impress your guests. You can whip this baby up in no time, and they will think you were in the kitchen for hours! Finish it off by serving them in fancy dessert cups and you’ll really look cool. =)
When I told my husband that I made chocolate mousse, his eyes got wide. Then when I said it was made out of tofu- a look of disappointment.
I get it; tofu doesn’t sound great and it brings up negative feelings for some people. I used to be a tofu-hater myself (my 23 year old self would be in shock that I eat this stuff) but that was before I really started looking into the possibilities of using it. Now I just love tofu and find it can be a great addition to some recipes.
Looking back, I probably should have just fed the mousse to my husband without telling him what it was made out of. Because luckily, after a couple bites, he was hooked, and I actually had to put it away before we ate too much!
It amazes me that it’s dairy free, but still so chocolately and creamy. And the coffee flavor- well, that’s just too good to pass up. My next feat will be perfecting a vegan marshmallow cream- but onto the mousse!
For this recipe, throw all the ingredients in the food processor and blend. That’s it. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
To finish, top with vegan chocolate chips (in my opinion, a must). I’ve searched all over for good vegan chocolate chips and so far, my favorite is the “Enjoy Life” brand. Does anyone have any other chocolate chip suggestions?
If you try this Chocolate Chip Mocha Mousse, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. We love to see our recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Chocolate Chip Mocha MoussePin Rate
- Food Processor
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips + 1 tablespoon for sprinkling - I love the 'Enjoy Life' brand
- In a food processor, add silken tofu, unsweetened cocoa, vanilla, maple syrup and instant coffee. In a double boiler (or microwave), melt 1 cup chocolate chips and add melted chocolate to food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in dessert cups and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Serves 6.