This Vegan Tzatziki Sauce is filled with crisp cucumber and fresh herbs, mixed together with a simple lemony mayo. It’s easy to whip up, and is a great compliment to falafels, Mediterranean bowls and more!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- This Vegan Tzatziki Sauce so simple and easy! Chop the cucumber and fresh herbs, throw all the ingredients in a bowl and stir. That’s it!
- This cucumber sauce is cool and refreshing, and can be used in many different dishes, including Mediterranean bowls, on top of baked falafel or tofu, or as a snacking dip with pita or crackers. So many options!
- It’s healthy. This sauce is vegan, gluten-free, and soy free. And you’ll never miss the dairy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Cucumber: Any type of regular cucumber will do… American (Garden), Persian, or English.
- Vegan mayo: The type of vegan mayo you use in this recipe can greatly change the flavor. We recommend using Vegenaise (Organic or Regular).
- Olive oil: We list this ingredient as optional (if you’re trying to save on fat/calories), but it is recommended, as it adds a depth of flavor to this sauce.
- Fresh herbs: We HIGHLY recommend using fresh herbs in this recipe; dried just won’t be the same.
1. Prep the ingredients.
Peel and finely dice the cucumber (see below).
Next, chop the parsley and dill, and mince the garlic.
2. Add to a bowl and stir.
Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir until combined.
3. Storage Instructions:
Refrigerate this sauce in an airtight container for up to a week. This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups sauce, or 8 (3-tablespoon) servings.
EXPERT TIPS & FAQ’S:
If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can easily add all ingredients to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
We recommend adding a tablespoon of nutritional yeast!
Do you love sauces? Try one of these!
If you make this Vegan Tzatziki Sauce, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram.
Vegan Tzatziki Sauce (Fresh and Easy!)Pin Rate
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced (*watch video below) - roughly 1 1/2 cups
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise - (we like Organic Vegenaise)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 black pepper black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - optional, but recommended
- To a medium bowl, add all prepped ingredients and stir to combine. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week. This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups sauce, or 8 (3-tablespoon) servings.
- Watch the video below for step-by-step on how to cut the cucumber. =)
- If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can prepare this sauce in a food processor or blender.
- To thicken the sauce, we recommend adding 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast. It also gives it a slightly cheesy flavor.