This Asian-inspired Udon Noodle Salad is loaded, and I mean loaded with veggies. It’s the perfect lunch, dinner, or take-a-long potluck dish.
I’m looking out my window while I write this post, and I can see snow and ice in the driveway, trash cans at the curb stacked on 2 feet of snow, and my cat snuggled up on the window seat happy to be an inside cat. Needless to say, I’m ready for summer.
As much as I LOVE wearing boots and layering cute sweaters (I seriously missed that when I was living in Hawaii), I would be fine if winter was just 1 month a year. Lately, it seems that Michigan winters last 5 months and that is way too much for this beach girl. By March, I’m starting to really get depressed at the lack of sunlight, pale skin, and annoying commute to work in the morning. Can it be June already!? =)
Just looking at this recipe it reminds me of something you would make for a picnic, but I’ve never been one to follow the rules, especially when it comes to cooking. So here you go people- eat this up and pretend it’s summer. And if it’s already warm where you’re at, consider yourself lucky and get outside and enjoy it!
This Udon Noodle Salad recipe is actually pretty simple to make.
First, cook the noodles according to package directions. Then drain, rinse with cold water and add noodles to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, waiting for the pasta to cook, you can prepare your veggies. Then, in the same large bowl, add the veggies to the noodles and combine.
Next, in a small bowl, combine the garlic, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, Sriracha, wasabi paste, agave syrup and lemon juice. Stir with a whisk.
Lastly, add the sauce to the udon noodle mix and stir to combine. Serve! Just like that it’s summer in your kitchen! =)Print
Udon Noodle Salad with Fresh Veggies (Vegan)
This Asian-inspired pasta salad is loaded, and I mean loaded with veggies. It’s the perfect lunch, dinner, or take-a-long potluck dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Vegan
- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 small green pepper, diced into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook udon noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, add all vegetables and lettuce. Add noodles and combine.
- In a small bowl, add garlic, hoisin, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, Sriracha, wasabi paste, agave syrup and lemon juice. Stir with a whisk.
- Add sauce and toss with noodles to combine.