This Truffle Beet Salad brings flavors of arugula and roasted red beets with hints of truffle oil – topped with an amazing cashew cheese- wonderful for entertaining!
Generally, Truffle is one of those amazing flavors that people either love or hate. The flavor is pungent, earthy and musky flavor and quite strong. But if you love the taste of mushrooms, you will most likely enjoy the taste of truffles.
In this salad, a little bit of truffle oil + the cashew cheese goes a long way, so it doesn’t even need a dressing!
This perfect small salad will compliment any meal and if perfect for a dinner party; it has classy written all over it.
How to Make this Truffle Beet Salad:
To start, preheat your oven to 400 F.
Prepare the beets by washing first, then removing the stems and greens. Peel each beet and then cut in half. In a shallow baking dish, add the beets. Brush with olive oil and bake for 45-55 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. When finished baking, remove and set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle, cut the cooked beets into bite size pieces.
To make the cashew cheese, place the Truffle Cashew Cheese ingredients (cashews, lemon juice, truffle oil, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and apple cider vinegar) in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
To assemble the salads, drizzle a bit of truffle oil on a plate. Place a layer of arugula, then a handful of beets. Finish with a dollop of the cashew cheese and candied walnuts (optional). Serves 4. Best served immediately.
If you try this Truffle Beet Salad, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. We love to see our recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Truffle Beet SaladPin Rate
- 4 small red beets – washed, stems and greens removed, peeled, and cut in half
- truffle oil – for drizzling on plates
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts – optional
Truffle Cashew Cheese:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews – soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar – dry white wine is good too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow baking dish, place the beets. Brush with olive oil and bake for 45-55 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. When finished baking, remove and set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle, cut the beets into bite size pieces.
- To make the cashew cheese, place all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- To assemble, drizzle truffle oil on a plate. Place a layer of arugula, then handful of beets. Finish with a dollop of the cashew cheese. Serves 4. Best served immediately.