This Sweet Tahini Sauce is an amazing addition to many types of salads and grain-bowls- and so simple with just 5 ingredients. A true vegan staple.
I have been making a version of this tahini sauce for the last few years now, and finally decided it was time to share it with you. Because well…it’s too good not to share.
I love this sauce because it goes excellent on a salad, but my absolute favorite way to enjoy it is to drizzle it over grain-bowls. I’ve mentioned it before but grain-bowls consist of…
- a grain (quinoa, brown rice, millet, etc.)
- a protein (tofu, seitan, lentils, beans, etc.)
- all kinds of veggies
- other greens (kale, spinach, chard, etc.)
Throw all together in a bowl, and add some of this sauce and I promise you’ll be thinking up new ways you can get creative. To me, this tahini sauce is a staple recipe. My fridge always has a jar of tahini somewhere in there and 90% of the time, I’m using it to make this sauce.
How to make this Sweet Tahini Sauce:
To prepare, combine all ingredients and stir with a whisk. Just be aware that this sauce will thicken as it sits, so add more warm water to thin.
My favorite way to enjoy this sauce is on this Tofu Sweet Potato Bowl (below). I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. =)
Looking for other dressing or sauce ideas? Try one of these!
- Cranberry Orange Vinaigrette
- Sweet Mustard Salad Dressing
- Miso Peanut Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Enchilada Sauce
- 5-Minute Lemony Green Pesto Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
If you make this Sweet Tahini Sauce, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram.
Sweet Tahini SaucePin Rate
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice - about 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mirin - sweet rice wine
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup warm water
- To make the tahini sauce, combine all ingredients and stir with a whisk. This sauce will thicken as it sits. Add warm water to thin. Makes 1/2 cup sauce. Serving size: 2 tablespoons.