These Sunflower Hummus Wraps are simple and small, but big on flavor. This is a great go-to lunch, or can be turned into a quick dinner by adding a soup or salad on the side.
This recipe for Sunflower Hummus Wraps is super easy. It makes a great snack that you can take with you to work, pack all the ingredients in a couple to-go containers, and put it together at work. And it’s SO healthy!
How to make these hummus wraps:
Preheat your oven to 300 F. Then prepare your veggies. For this recipe, I used enough ingredients for 2 wraps (4 halves), but usually I’m making it just for myself and make just one. So adjust accordingly.
If you are using raw sunflower seeds (not roasted), spread the sunflower seeds on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper, if desired) and cook the seeds about 10 minutes. Once your sunflower seeds are toasted a little, you can take them out of the oven.
Add the tortillas to the oven for about 1 minute, just enough to get it warm. Take it out and spread about 1 tablespoon (per tortilla) hummus down the center of your tortilla. Then add 1 tablespoon (per tortilla) sunflower seeds.
Then start adding your veggies. Throw some carrots and roasted red peppers on there.
Add the spinach and basil leaves, sprouts or pea shoots, and radishes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Squeeze a little lemon on top. Now grab the edge and roll over the veggies. Keep rolling until it flips over. Cut it in half and there you go. A super quick, super easy, yummy meal you can have for lunch. I like to serve mine with some pita chips and leftover hummus.
If you make these Sunflower Hummus Wraps, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram.
Sunflower Hummus WrapsPin Rate
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 small spinach tortillas – or gluten free tortillas
- 2 tablespoons favorite hummus – I like garlic hummus
- 4 baby carrots – sliced into quarters OR 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoon sliced roasted red peppers – from can, drained
- 4-5 fresh spinach leaves – chopped
- 2 tablespoon sprouts or pea shoots
- 1 tablespoon chopped – fresh basil leaves
- 2 radishes – sliced into matchsticks (or 1 tablespoon pre-sliced matchstick radishes)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare veggies.
- Place 2 tortillas directly on oven rack and heat for 1 minute. When finished, place tortillas on cutting board.
- Spread 1 tablespoon hummus down the center of each tortilla. Over the hummus, add 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds. Add carrots, roasted red peppers, spinach leaves, sprouts, basil and radishes down the center of the tortilla. Squeeze with lemon and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Starting with the edge of the tortilla, roll over the veggies tightly until contained. Cut down the center and secure with toothpicks. Serve with salad or pita chips and leftover hummus. Enjoy!