With sweet and spicy flavors, this Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup is not only incredibly tasty, but easy to make in your slow cooker and blender.
I admit, I’m a big fan of almost anything curry flavored. The first time I had curry was at a Thai restaurant when I was living in Hawaii and it was love at first bite.
Ever since, I’ve been drawn to virtually anything curry-flavored and always looking for new and unique ways to use it. And there’s something special about mixing curry and coconut milk that’s basically mind-blowing.
Add if you add some sweet potatoes and red pepper, yes, it’s really that good.
How to make this Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup:
This curry soup is also really easy to make in your slow cooker/blender.
Give yourself 10 minutes to prepare and chop the veggies, then throw all the ingredients in a slow cooker/crockpot (no pre-frying or baking required). Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high until the sweet potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.
Then very carefully transfer the soup to a high powered blender or food processor (you may have to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your machine).
Make sure the top is on tightly and process the curry soup until smooth. Then carefully return the soup to the slow cooker. Serve immediately.
With minimal effort, you have a super nutritious, over-the-top flavorful, soup.
To turn this soup into a fuller meal (and 6 servings):
- Pour the soup over brown rice, which makes it more like a curry sauce instead of a soup.
- Add baked or fried tofu, or even quinoa.
Also notice below the cute hemp napkin I received from Beautiful Ingredient, another plant-based blog. It’s made out of recycled ingredients, organic cotton and hemp. I love buying products I feel good about.
And if you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #veggie__chick on Instagram. I just love to see my recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)Pin Rate
- Slow Cooker
- 2 15 ounce cans light coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 medium yellow onion – chopped
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper – seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder – I love Sun brand Madras curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Carefully transfer soup to a high powered blender or food processor (you may have to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your machine). Process until smooth and serve. Serves 4.