This Rainbow Pasta Salad is vegan, gluten free, oil free AND nut-free. It’s also bursting with delicious flavor from colorful veggies and a tahini-lemony dressing. =)
I love easy pasta salad recipes, and this is one of my faves! This Rainbow Pasta Salad is:
- filled with delicious, colorful, nutritious veggies,
- and easy to make!
Let’s get started.
To begin, cook the pasta according to package directions, to al dente (note: I use fusilli and it takes roughly 8-9 minutes until al dente). Drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, prepare and chop your veggies.
As you chop, add the chopped red onion, orange pepper, cherry tomatoes, black olives and arugula to a large bowl.
To prepare the dressing- in a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients below:
- garlic (I love to use this zester to mince garlic)
- whole grain mustard
- white wine vinegar (rice wine vinegar works too)
- lemon juice (fresh is best)
- maple syrup (agave nectar works too)
- salt and pepper —-> my favorite recent kitchen splurge are these salt and pepper mills from OXO.
Stir the sauce ingredients together with a small whisk until blended thoroughly.
Lastly, add the cooked noodles to the large bowl of veggies, then add the sauce and stir with a large spoon until combined. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes about 8 cups pasta salad, or 4 (2-cup) servings. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- If making this ahead of time, I HIGHLY recommend keeping the sauce separate until serving, so the pasta retains its flavor over time.
- This dish also goes great topped with toasted pine nuts, or pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds).
If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #veggie__chick on Instagram. I just love to see my recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Rainbow Pasta SaladPin Rate
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta - or gluten free- I use fusilli
- 1/2 medium red onion - finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 medium orange bell pepper - seeded and diced
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes - halved
- 3.8 ounce jar sliced black olives - drained
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula - packed
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon - 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, al dente (note: I use fusilli and it takes roughly 8-9 minutes until al dente). Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare and chop veggies. Add chopped red onion, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, black olives and arugula to a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Note: I like to use this zester to mince garlic. Stir with a small whisk until smooth.
- When the noodles are done, add noodles to the large bowl of veggies. Next add the sauce and stir until combined. Serve immediately.
- This dish makes 4 (2-cup) servings. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Note: if making this ahead of time, I highly recommend keeping the sauce separate until just before serving to retain the best flavor.
Craving pasta? Try one of these reader favorites…
- Spicy Jalapeno Pasta Salad
- Vegan Sundried Tomato Alfredo Pasta
- Za’atar Pasta with Hummus
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Saffron Fennel Pasta with Capers