Instant Pot Mushroom Wild Rice
This creamy Instant Pot Mushroom Wild Rice can be made with very little effort in your Instant Pot. You can enjoy it as a simple side dish, or like me- as a main course with some toasty french bread on the side. =)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 22
- Total Time: 32
- Yield: 6
- Method: Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 2 tablespoons unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped (I used cremini or white button)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice mix (combination of black and basmati rice)
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme flakes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Set Instant Pot to the Sauté function. Add oil (or vegetable broth) and garlic to the pot. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until onions are translucent and soft. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the water, rice, Spanish paprika, black pepper, salt, and thyme. Then set the Instant Pot to Manual for 22 minutes. *Make sure the Instant Pot is set to “Sealing”.
- Meanwhile, in a high powdered blender, add cashews and nutritional yeast. Process until fine (powder-like consistency). .
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, release the pressure naturally (about 10-15 minutes). Open the lid, add the cashew mix and almond milk and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep this dish in an airtight container in the fridge for up 5-6 days. Makes roughly 6 (1-cup) servings.
Nutrition info below shown using oil in recipe. Substitute with unsalted vegetable broth to save calories/fat.
Keywords: instant pot, pressure cooker