Easy Baked Granola (6-ingredients, Nut-free)
Making homemade granola is way easier than you think! This ‘Easy Baked Granola’ is made using just 6 basic ingredients. It’s a crunchy, sweet, and wholesome option for a quick breakfast or snack.
- Author: Christin McKamey
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Granola
- Diet: Vegan
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the oats, flax seed and coconut. Process until blended and broken into small pieces. Next add the tahini and maple syrup. Process until combined.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Stir with a spoon in case any of the mixture did not blend completely in the food processor.
- Using your hands, crumble the mixture onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, in a single layer, leaving some larger pieces in tact.
- Bake at 325 F for 15-18 minutes, stirring halfway through. You will know it’s done once the oatmeal is starting to brown and dry out a bit; be careful not to burn.
- Transfer the granola to a bowl and let cool. When cooled completely, add the chocolate chunks; stir to combine. Store in an airtight container for at least 2 weeks.
- Enjoy this granola on its own or with milk (such as this Homemade Almond Milk) or nondairy yogurt. This recipe makes 4 cups granola, or 8 (1/2 cup) servings.
- *Don’t have tahini on hand? You can use almond or peanut butter in the place of tahini.
- **For the coconut flakes, both shredded coconut OR coconut flakes will work, as they will be broken down in the food processor.
- It’s important to wait until the granola has cooled completely before adding the chocolate chips, otherwise they will melt. To cool faster, spread out the granola on the baking sheet after cooled, or add to a bowl and put in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- This recipe is nut-free, but feel free to add a handful or two of nuts before baking, such as pecans, almonds, peanuts, or even sunflower seeds, etc.
- You can also add dried fruit, such as dried cranberries or banana chips to this granola, if desired. If so, add to the baked granola (after baking), while cooling.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 12.9
- Sodium: 16.6
- Fat: 12.7
- Carbohydrates: 28.8
- Protein: 5.5
Keywords: baked granola, homemade granola, vegan granola, easy granola