This Curry Chickpea Salad is filled with fresh veggies mixed with a curry-lime sauce, and soooo easy to make! Get lunch on the table in just 15 minutes. =)
Why This Recipe Works:
- It’s SOOO easy. Just chop up some veggies, whisk up a quick sauce, and mix it all together. That’s it. No cooking required. And it only takes 15 minutes.
- It’s healthy. With fresh veggies like celery, red bell pepper, and red onion, and spices like curry powder and turmeric, this is a dish you can truly feel good about.
- It is versatile. Enjoy this curry chickpea salad as a quick lunch or snack. Or as a main dish and pair it with a soup, such as this Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup. Wrap it up in a tortilla, scoop onto your favorite sandwich bread, enjoy on crackers, or just on its own. So many options!
What You’ll Need:
- Cilantro– don’t like cilantro? no problem. You can leave it out or sub with fresh parsley.
- Golden raisins– If you don’t have golden raisins on hand, try dried cranberries or even chopped medjool dates.
- Vegan mayo– we love Follow your Heart Vegenaise. But feel free to use your favorite vegan mayo. Just be sure to check it’s fully vegan. *Some say dairy-free so you may think it’s vegan, but may contain egg.
Mash the chickpeas.
Add chickpeas to a medium bowl and mash.
Add the veggies.
Next, add in the red onion, celery, bell pepper, cilantro and raisins; stir.
Combine the sauce ingredients.
To a small bowl, add the mayo, lime juice, maple syrup, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Stir with a small whisk until combined.
Mix the sauce with the chickpea mixture.
Add the sauce to the chickpea mixture. Stir until combined. Serve!
Serving & Storage Instructions:
This recipe makes 2 cups chickpea salad. Serve in lettuce/collard green wraps, tortilla wraps, with crackers or on its own.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Expert Tips & FAQ’s:
There are SO many delicious options. You can eat it with a spoon (it’s that good!), or wrap it up in a tortilla, on your favorite sandwich bread, wrapped up in lettuce/collard greens, or on crackers.
No problem! There are a few options if you don’t have a masher; 1) You can use a regular coffee mug to mash the chickpeas, 2) You can use a fork (although it won’t be as easy). Or, 3) throw them in your food processor. Note: *For the first 2 options, try microwaving the chickpeas to soften them a bit before mashing.
If you try this Curry Chickpea Salad recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. We just love to see our recipes being made in YOUR kitchen!
Curry Chickpea Salad (15 Minutes, Vegan)Pin Rate
- Potato Masher (if you don't have one, see Notes*)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 15-ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans) - rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion - finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 stalks celery - finely diced (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper - finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise - (we like Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- Add chickpeas to a medium bowl and mash.
- Add the red onion, celery, red bell pepper, cilantro and golden raisins; stir.
- To a small bowl, add the mayo, lime juice, maple syrup, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Stir with a small whisk.
- Add the sauce to the chickpea mixture. Stir until combined. This recipe makes 2 cups chickpea salad.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, tortilla wraps, wrapped up in lettuce/collard greens, with crackers or on its own. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.