Last Updated on
Avocado Cream Penne with Herbs- this healthy avocado sauce required no cooking. Just add the hot pasta and you have the perfect vegan sidekick for noodles!
I love coming up with new vegan pasta recipes and especially ones that are a snap to make. This avocado sauce amazingly involves no cooking! It’s all made in a food processor and mixed in with your hot pasta. Just make sure you eat it immediately after serving. Given the nature of avocados browning when exposed to air, this pasta is not one I would recommending making too far ahead of time. =)
Ok, so the first step is to boil your pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside; do not rinse.
While the pasta is cooking, you can prepare the sauce. In a food processor, add the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, avocados, basil, parsley, almond milk, sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Blend until smooth.
Next, mix the sauce in with the pasta, top with cherry tomatoes and serve! The hot pasta will warm the sauce, or you can heat over low heat on the stove until desired temperature. It’s as easy as that! =)Print
Avocado Cream Penne with Herbs (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This avocado cream sauce is the perfect vegan sidekick for noodles! So easy and healthy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 8 ounces penne pasta of choice (gluten free if desired)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Transfer pasta back into pot and set aside. Do not rinse.
- In a food processor, add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, avocados, basil, parsley, almond milk, sea salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the avocado sauce to the pasta and stir to blend well. The hot pasta will warm the sauce, or you can heat over low heat on the stove until desired temperature. Since this sauce uses avocados and they brown after a few hours, it’s best to serve this dish immediately. Top with cherry tomatoes. 2-3 servings.